Adopted 26 September 2017; Updated 25 August 2020
- The National Scholastic Chess Federation is committed to protecting the privacy of our customers and chess players.
- We will never sell, rent or offer any personal information about our customers to any third party.
- Any information obtained by us through e-mail, forms, or phone is considered strictly confidential.
You or your child can use the NSCFchess.org website without actively submitting any information. Registering for classes, tournaments or other events, and participating in these programs, may require you to provide personal information about yourself or your child, such as:
- Identifiers, such as name, username, phone number, email address, mailing address, and telephone number.
- Profile information, such as date of birth, gender, grade, school and interests.
- Parent or guardian contact information.
- Payment information, such as a credit card number.
The NSCF limits its collection of personal information from children to no more than is reasonably necessary to participate in the online activity for which the parent is registering his/her child or children. The NSCF does not advertise its products or services directly to children under the age of 13. The NSCF does not share any information with any third party vendors and/or advertisers. The NSCF always offers a way to register for services via telephone and/or postal mail for parents who do not wish to share information about their child/children via an online registration system. Further, the NSCF requires any third party services providers it contracts to adhere to these same policies.
NSCF Non-Discrimination Policy
Chess has always been a cross-cultural, cross-generational activity, one where it doesn’t matter even if the two players speak the same language as the “language” of the game are the rules which are standardized around the world.
In the same spirit, The National Scholastic Chess Foundation has adopted our formal non-discrimination policy: our programs are always open to all people, without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, religion, disability or national origin.