Summer Chess - White Plains
Location: NSCF OFFICE – 171 East Post Rd, Suite 206 – White Plains, NY 10601
JULY SESSION: Mon. July 9, Wed. July 11; Mon. July 16, Wed. July 18; Mon. July 23, Wed. July 25
AUGUST SESSION: Mon. Aug. 6, Wed. Aug. 8; Mon. Aug. 13, Wed. Aug. 15; Mon. Aug. 20, Wed. Aug. 22
TIME: 4 to 6 pm on each date.
INSTRUCTOR: JON RIGAI
6 Advanced Classes for $240.00 (6 classes per session).
This summer, the National Scholastic Chess Foundation (NSCF) will be offering advanced group lessons at their White Plains office. These classes are geared towards tournament-focused players within the rating range of 1000+. Within these group lessons we will be covering the following topics:
• All practical endgame positions chess players must know. These include checkmating patterns with all the pieces and pawns.
• Deep middle game calculation improvement - This is designed to help students find the best moves quickly in their games regardless of the difficulty of their positions.
• Psychology of competing at tournament level: This will cover the psychological aspects of how to handle high level competition and how to use one's lost games to better themselves as chess players overall. Most children sulk when they lose a game, whereas my students use that knowledge to better themselves.
• Tournament level practice games against stronger competition to help build your child's technique, ability and confidence.
• All students will learn how to set up a database of their own games and how to study from the master game database.
Please note: we also continue to offer our regular full-week camp series at Solomon Schechter Upper School in Hartsdale.